In this episode…
Mark, in the absence of Sam, is covering way’s he’s sabotaged his Football Manager save by doing something stupid in game. The list is short and sweet:
- Sign players without scouting them
- Sign players because of who they are and not because of a real need in the squad – stand up Peter Crouch
- Sign players on silly wages, especially when they aren’t really needed, creating financial issues – stand up again Peter Crouch
- Get distracted during a match and leave the match screen. Only to return when it’s too late to do anything about being thrashed
- Sign a new coach, only to be told you have too many and need to get rid of one. You do that only to find out you got rid of a coach you signed the month before.
- Click the wrong option during a team talk, totally destroying moral.
- Selling influential players at the start of a save, causing unhappiness amongst the remaining players. Without them onside it goes downhill fast.
- Rely too much on the Ass Man, despite knowing he’s useless.
- Not paying enough attention to contract clauses and finding out you may have created a situation where a player is earning too much or has a really low release clause.
Contact the show: